At Harco Plumbing & Mechanical in Guelph, we know that you’re always looking for new ways to save money, especially when it comes to your home.
That’s why we’re pleased to provide the following tips to help you reduce your household water costs (courtesy of plumbingsupply.com).
- Repair a leaky faucet, put in a water-efficient faucet, or outfit your current faucet with a new low-flow aerator.
- Only place full loads in your dishwasher and scrape any food off your plates prior to loading rather than rinsing.
- A good alternative to running your faucet until the water is cold enough to drink is to always have a pitcher of water in the refrigerator.
- Use water sparingly. Don’t turn on the tap when soaping up your hands or brushing your teeth.
- Repair a leaky toilet or replace it with a new 1.6-gpf (gallons per flush) low-volume or 1.28-gpf high-efficiency toilet.
- Outfit your current shower head with a water-saving flow control. This allows you to slow the water down while you’re shampooing or shaving.
- Periodically check your water pipes for damage or leaks and fix any problems as soon as they arise.
- Only place full loads in your washing machine and outfit it with a leak detector (this will automatically shut down the unit’s water supply if problems occur, such as cracked fittings or ruptured hoses).
- Be cognizant of where your master shutoff valve is. This is extremely important as you can prevent water damage to your home and save on water should an unfortunate problem arise, such as pipes bursting.
At Harco, we specialize in a wide variety of heating and plumbing services, including plumbing repairs, boiler installations, high pressure drain flushing, and radiant floor heating.
Contact us today to learn more.
Harco Plumbing & Mechanical is located at 69 Fleming Road in Guelph. Call us at 519-265-6423, email us at email@example.com, or visit us online at www.harcoplumbingandmechanical.com for more information. We also service Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and Stratford (519-880-0105), as well as Woodstock and Innerkip (519-421-1827).
We are also on YouTube. Click here to see our video.